Newtown Lawsuit Withdrawn—for Now Lawyer who sought to sue on behalf of girl, 6, may refile By Newser Editors and Wire Services Posted Jan 1, 2013 2:54 PM CST 25 comments Comments Names of Connecticut school shooting victims hang on a US flag on a makeshift memorial in the Sandy Hook village of Newtown, Conn., on Monday, Dec. 17, 2012. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez) (Newser) – A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim—at least for now. The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it. Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm. The state attorney general said yesterday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.