Another shooting with multiple fatalities in Aurora, Colorado: Police say four people are dead, including the gunman, after an hours-long standoff. Details are still filling in, but the Denver Post and the AP report:
- The gunman killed two men and a woman inside a townhouse in the Denver suburb. Another woman escaped about 3am and called police.
- SWAT teams surrounded the home and contacted the gunman by phone more than once, but he was "not making sense," says an Aurora police spokeswoman.
- An armored police vehicle approached the house about 8am, and the gunman fired at it repeatedly. About 20 minutes later, police fired tear gas through the home's front windows.
- About 9am, the gunman appeared at a window on the second floor and shot at police. Officers returned fire, and the suspect fell, though it's not clear yet whether he was killed by police or his own hand.
- No word yet on a motive or identities.