The debate over whether Beyonce lip-synced the national anthem continues, but either way, the Washington Post points out that the practice of lip-syncing isn't all that uncommon. It lists nine examples:
- When Whitney Houston performed what many called the best rendition of the national anthem ever, at the Super Bowl in 1991, she was actually lip-syncing.
- At last year's Super Bowl, Madonna pre-recorded her halftime show song so she could focus on dancing.
- Maybe the Super Bowl is just a really stressful venue? Jennifer Hudson also pre-recorded her rendition of the national anthem there in 2009.
- Even famed opera singer Luciano Pavarotti lip-synced when he performed at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony in 2006.
- And Britney Spears pre-recorded her entire show during "The Circus" tour.
Click for the complete list