Beyonce's halftime show is over, and, surprise, surprise, it was quite the extravaganza. As expected, she reunited with Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child. Some initial reaction:
- "Watching the #SuperBowl with family & friends. @Beyonce was phenomenal! I am so proud of her!-mo" That's from Michelle Obama.
- "For all who tuned in to see the singer perform, it's clear she brought her A game," writes Kia Makarechi at the Huffington Post.
- "I heard there was this little football game at the Beyonce concert today.... Is that true?" Kim Kardashian
- "Beyonce Bowl." Solange Knowles
- "Beyonce Knowles' onstage ease, her charisma, her effulgence—fans of pop know these things well. On Superbowl Sunday, they were all right there for the rest of the world to see. There was the star, a beacon of femininity in the middle of a football stadium, enlivening what had been, up to that point, a pretty damned lackluster evening of entertainment. Nothing on the field hit nearly as hard as Beyonce's halftime show did ..." —Tris McCall, New Jersey Star-Ledger
- "Beyonce sang like she had something to prove at the Super Bowl, balancing out the testosterone levels on the football field with a dance-heavy performance that featured her Destiny's Child band mates and an all-female band." Mesfin Fekadu, AP
- "Beyonce has a more intense look (than) many of the guys on the field. 49ers need a little of that." EJ Dionne of the Washington Post.