Sometimes child stars grow up to be Lindsay Lohan. Other times, they get nominated for an Oscar at age 14 and grow up to be Jodie Foster. Huffington Post rounds up the latter in its slideshow of the 25 youngest Academy Award nominees and winners, all of them aged 20 or younger (and most under 18):
- Quvenzhane Wallis, at just 9, is nominated for Beasts of the Southern Wild this year. She's the youngest Best Actress nominee ever.
- Justin Henry is the youngest nominee ever. He was nominated at age 8 for Best Supporting Actor in 1979 for Kramer Vs. Kramer.
- Tatum O'Neal is the youngest winner, snagging Best Supporting Actress for Paper Moon in 1973 at age 10.
- Anna Paquin also won Best Supporting Actress at a young age. For her, it was age 11 in 1993, for The Piano.
- Abigail Breslin was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for Little Miss Sunshine in 2006, when she was 10.
- Haley Joel Osment snagged a nomination for Best Supporting Actor for The Sixth Sense in 1999, when he was 11.
- The aforementioned Jodie Foster? She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for Taxi Driver in 1976.
Click for the complete list