The One Fund Boston, the charitable organization set up to compensate Boston Marathon bombing victims, is anxious to get money to victims, administrator Kenneth Feinberg told people at a town hall meeting last night—even as he stressed that the money would be woefully inadequate to cover the injuries suffered. "Everyone please lower your expectations about this fund," he said, per NBC News. "If you had a billion dollars you would not have enough." For the record, $28 million has currently been pledged. The money will go out by June 30, the Boston Globe reports. "If the governor and the mayor have made one thing clear to me, it's get the money out the door," Feinberg said.
More than 100 people came out for the meeting, many asking about compensation for their loved ones. One woman wanted to know if her daughter, who had already lost one leg, would receive less compensation if her other badly injured one wasn't amputated by the deadline. Cases like that make Feinberg's job difficult. "It's Solomonic, really," he told Andrea Mitchell at MSNBC. (Families of the three who died and victims who lost two limbs or suffered permanent brain damage are set to receive the highest level of compensation.) But the fund's current balance is fairly impressive; Feinberg ran similar funds after the Aurora and Virginia Tech shootings, which pulled in $5 million and $7 million, respectively, he said on Morning Joe. (Read more Boston Marathon bombing stories.)