Ariel Castro sits in Cuyahoga County Jail on $8 million bond, where he's under close scrutiny. The man charged with kidnapping three Cleveland women a decade ago is on suicide watch, and his movements are monitored every 10 minutes and reported to a shift sergeant, according to jail logs obtained by the AP. The logs also indicate two guards must accompany him anytime he's out of his cell. What the entries show:
- Castro has spent most of the last few days lying on a mat in his cell or on his bunk, occasionally walking around the cell and once staring in the mirror.
- He's had Kool-Aid at least twice, complained he was cold when he first arrived Thursday, and said he had a headache on Sunday (and refused to shower because of it).
- Guards had to stop him using loose strings from his mat to floss his teeth.
- A source who saw the logs tells NewsChannel5 Castro has stripped naked several times.
- WKYC notes that he's barred from having personal visitors, making phone calls, or getting mail.