Food Network Ditching Paula Deen

Her apology video apparently wasn't enough

By John Johnson,  Newser Staff

Posted Jun 21, 2013 3:14 PM CDT | Updated Jun 21, 2013 3:58 PM CDT

(Newser) – Paula Deen is out at the Food Network. The company says it won't renew her contract when it expires at the end of the month, thanks to her admission in court that she used racial slurs, reports AP. The news comes even as Deen released an apology video. "I offer my sincere apology to those that I have hurt, and I hope that you forgive me because this comes from the deepest part of my heart," she said. (The apology didn't go smoothly: Her camp first issued a choppy and heavily edited 46-second clip, then quickly yanked it for the second, longer version, reports TMZ.)

Paula Deen poses for a portrait in New York last year.
Paula Deen poses for a portrait in New York last year.   (AP Photo/Carlo Allegri)
« Prev« Prev | Next »Next » Slideshow
Paula Deen's apology video. (After the first one got pulled.)   (YouTube)

« Prev« Prev | Next »Next »
My TakeCLICK BELOW TO VOTE
8%
2%
7%
23%
1%
59%
To report an error on this story, notify our editors.

NEWS FROM OUR PARTNERS
Other Sites We Like:   The Street   |   HitFix   |   PopSugar Tech   |   RealClear   |   24/7 Wall St.   |   CollegeHumor   |   Barstool Sports   |   OK!