Oscar nominees have often delivered more than one award-worthy performance in a single category in the same year. Sometimes, Tariq Khan tells the LA Times, the academy picks the wrong one. On the eve of this year's nominations, he lists his top 10 mistakes.
- Catherine Keener, Capote, Best Supporting Actress 2005 (should have been nominated for Walking and Talking)
- Susan Sarandon, The Client, Best Actress 1994 (Safe Passage)
- Nicole Kidman, Moulin Rouge, Best Actress 2001 (The Others)
- Emma Thompson, Sense and Sensibility, Best Actress 2005 (Carrington)
- Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets, Best Actor 1997 (Blood and Wine)
To see the complete list, click the link below.