Report: Hernandez Eyed in Another Murder Case Ex-Patriots player denied bail By Kevin Spak, Newser Staff Posted Jun 27, 2013 12:19 PM CDT Updated Jun 27, 2013 3:57 PM CDT 20 comments Comments Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, left, stands with his attorney Michael Fee, right, during arraignment in Attleboro District Court Wednesday, June 26, in Attleboro, Mass. (AP Photo/The Sun Chronicle, Mike George, Pool) (Newser) – Aaron Hernandez was denied bail today, with a judge saying that the murder case against him was "circumstantial, to be sure, but very, very strong," NFL.com reports. And as if that weren't bad enough, reports broke today that police are also investigating the former Patriots tight end in another homicide—this one a double. Police tell the Boston Herald that they're looking into the possibility that Hernandez was involved in a drive-by shooting in Boston's tony South End neighborhood last year that left two people dead. And once again, the killing may have been nightclub-related; just hours earlier witnesses saw Hernandez getting into an altercation with the victims at a nearby nightclub, the Boston Globe reports. Police once again searched Hernandez's home today, and they told ABC the search wasn't connected to the Odin Lloyd killing. "This is different," a detective said. But the two crimes may be related; two officials, speaking anonymously, tell the Globe that Hernandez may have killed Odin Lloyd because he had information on the 2012 shooting. For more on the Lloyd murder case (and how it involves bubble gum), click here.