Drive-By Survivor: Hernandez Shot My Friends
Witness to 2012 shooting IDs football player as gunman
By Ruth Brown,  Newser Staff
Posted Oct 2, 2013 10:00 AM CDT
FILE - In this Aug. 30, 2013, file photo, former New England Patriots NFL football player Aaron Hernandez appears during a brief hearing in district court in Attleboro, Mass. Hernandez, who has been indicted...   (AP Photo/The Sun Chronicle, Mike George, Pool, File)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – More fuel to the fire of suspicions that Aaron Hernandez was involved in a 2012 drive-by shooting that killed two: another man in the car with the two victims now says he believes Hernandez was the shooter. The witness tells Fox News that he didn't know the alleged gunman at the time—he's not a football fan—but later recognized Hernandez's face in news reports of his arrest in the murder of Odin Lloyd. "When I see his face, I just recognize his face," he says. "Compare his face that night to his face now. It's that face that I remember."

According to the man, he and his friends were driving home from a South Boston bar at around 2am when an SUV pulled up beside them at a light. He heard someone say, "What up, Negroes?" and then the shooting started. "Things happened so fast. I was trying to defend myself," he says. "They were shooting everywhere inside the car, front to back. They just came to kill. That's it." Police say they believe Hernandez was at the same bar that night. But the man says he's still not sure why the football player would have shot his friends. "That's what I want to hear from (Hernandez)," he says. "Why? What's the reason? That's the answer I'm still wanting since last year. He must be crazy."
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
5%
21%
11%
9%
44%
10%