Cops Investigate After Nut Placed in Allergic Kid's Drink

High school student in Sweden nearly suffocated

By John Johnson,  Newser Staff

Posted Oct 15, 2013 1:38 PM CDT

(Newser) – "Either the student who did this is completely stupid or it's attempted manslaughter." That quote from a high school principal in Sweden pretty much sums up the case of an allergic student who nearly suffocated when someone put a nut into her water, reports the Local. Authorities think it was deliberate because Linn Jernberg, 18, had earlier posted a note on a bulletin board about her allergy, but it was quickly ripped down.

Teachers say other students at the school then bought a large of stock of nuts, apparently planning an extremely misguided prank, or worse. Jernberg tells the Local that "when I had taken a drink I discovered that somebody had put a hazelnut in the glass and it became hard to find air," adding, "I'm sure that whoever put it in the glass did so on purpose." She was taken to the hospital and was back in school the next day. Police are investigating.

  (Shutterstock)
« Prev« Prev | Next »Next » Slideshow
My TakeCLICK BELOW TO VOTE
4%
3%
13%
1%
72%
8%
To report an error on this story, notify our editors.

NEWS FROM OUR PARTNERS
Other Sites We Like:   The Street   |   MSN Living   |   PopSugar Tech   |   RealClear   |   24/7 Wall St.   |   Biography   |   Barstool Sports   |   OK!