Ahh, the 1980s. Big hair, New Wave, lots of neon, and these 16 celebrity couples you probably forgot all about, as rounded up by MSN. A sampling:
- Oprah Winfrey and Roger Ebert went out twice in the 1980s, and it was Ebert who encouraged Winfrey to syndicate her talk show.
- Back in 1987, Matthew Broderick dated Helen Hunt after meeting as co-stars in Project X. They stayed friends, and even co-starred in another film in 2007.
- Christina Applegate dated Brad Pitt in 1988, even going to the MTV Movie Awards together ... but she left him there and went home with someone else.
- Jon Bon Jovi gets a lot of credit for still being with his high school sweetheart, Dorothea Hurley. But in 1985, he dated Diane Lane ... until she got too close to Richie Sambora.
Click for the complete list
- In the early 1980s, Tom Cruise dated ... Cher. She's called their relationship "hot and heavy" and said Cruise is one of the top five best lovers she's had.
- Before he married Christie Brinkley, Billy Joel was with another supermodel: Elle MacPherson.
- In the late 1980s, Prince and Kim Basinger were an item. They met when Prince was working on the soundtrack for Batman, in which Basinger starred.
- Liam Neeson dated Helen Mirren in 1980, after co-starting in Excalibur, and they even moved in together. But Mirren being richer and more famous eventually drove them apart.
, especially if you want to know how George Clooney ended up with his potbellied pig.