Things got a little crazy in court today when Alec Baldwin testified against the woman accused of stalking him, with Baldwin crying and Genevieve Sabourin screaming at him. The waterworks came on while Baldwin was describing the time Sabourin allegedly came to his house on the day he proposed to his now-wife. (Though the New York Post and TMZ are both doubtful Baldwin was actually crying; the Post notes his eyes seemed dry.) He also denied they were ever romantically involved, as Sabourin claims they were, which is when Sabourin started yelling. Among her outbursts, courtesy of the New York Daily News:
- "Wow, you're lying. I can't believe you're doing that!"
- "He's lying, why he do that?"
- "You have a scar!" She pointed to her hip, apparently indicating she knows about a secret mark on that part of Baldwin's anatomy.
- "I gotta prove that I had a sexual relationship. I didn’t do anything wrong. He’s lying! He’s lying!"
- "Are you crazy?" (This was in response to Baldwin's testimony that she made hundreds of harassing phone calls to him.)
- "Why is he crying?"
The judge repeatedly demanded Sabourin pipe down; finally, after he threatened to hold her in contempt, her lawyer forced her to leave the courtroom. The 40-year-old is charged with 23 counts of harassment and one count of stalking; she allegedly emailed and texted Baldwin as well, asking him to help her "conceive a mini Baldwin." For his part, Baldwin says a producer friend introduced him to Sabourin in 2002, and he agreed to meet with her and give her career advice as a favor because she was the producer's mistress. Both before and after court, Baldwin also got heated with a Post photographer he recognized outside, at one point telling him, "I hope you choke to death."