What, exactly, is the point of having a Rolls-Royce if you're not going to get it specifically tailored to your every extravagant whim and desire? Business Insider rounds up 16 of the most over-the-top customizations Rolls-Royce has ever done for its customers. A sampling:
- Put a built-in thermos in the door. Doesn't sound so crazy until you consider Rolls-Royce had to build an extra door so the design could be crash-tested.
- Installed a complete picnic set. Including miniature trays off of which you can eat. The whole thing pops up out of the trunk.
- Installed a complex wine glass storage system in the trunk. Designers had to make absolutely sure the glasses wouldn't shatter if the driver went over a bump.
- Gave one customer seven sets of wheels. He wanted one for each day of the week.
- Installed a jewelry box in the dashboard. Enough said.
- Sourced the wood for one car ... from a tree on the customer's land.
- Customized the optic lights in the Starlight Headliner. They can be arranged into any constellation on any day, in any location.
- And the pièce de résistance: One collector car includes 446 diamonds.
Click for the complete list