Here's a fun glimpse into what it's like to be Lady Gaga: Her latest video, for her R. Kelly duet "Do What U Want" off her ARTPOP album, has been delayed, and her melodramatic apology to fans, per the Los Angeles Times, includes these lines:
- "It is very devastating for someone like me, I devote every moment of my life to creating fantasies for you." (Her explanation: She was given just one week to make the video, which wasn't enough time.)
- "All my my most successful videos were planned over a period of time when I was rested and my creativity was honored. Those who have betrayed me gravely mismanaged my time and health."
- "Give me a chance to show you the meaning of seeing art all around you. Open your hearts to me again that I may show you the joy of us coming together through our talents."
- "I love you. Forgive me monsters. Forgive me ARTPOP. You are my whole world."
- "Let me be for you the Goddess that I know I truly am."
It's just the latest trouble for ARTPOP
, which, the Hollywood Reporter
notes, did not perform well in sales upon its debut (week one total: 258,000 copies). The missive implies Gaga has parted ways with a number of people who supposedly "betrayed" her, Rolling Stone
adds, but it's not clear who. (She did split with her longtime manager in November.)