Some celebrities were awkward growing up ... others, well, they got voted homecoming queen. Perez Hilton rounds up 17 of the latter. A sampling:
- Rosie O'Donnell: Was homecoming queen and prom queen at her New York high school.
- Halle Berry: Was the first black homecoming queen at her Cleveland high school.
- Jessica Simpson: Was homecoming princess twice, but dropped out of school before she could be voted queen.
- Meg Ryan: Was homecoming queen in 1979 at her Connecticut high school.
- Meryl Streep: Went from an "awkward" stage to her high school's homecoming queen in 1967.
- Sissy Spacek: Was homecoming queen at her Texas high school in 1967.
- Paula Abdul: Was homecoming queen in 1980 at her California high school.
- Sela Ward: She was named homecoming queen not at her high school, but at the University of Alabama in 1977.
Click for the complete list