Ever since Milli Vanilli made lip syncing infamous back in 1990—they were stripped of their Grammy when it was revealed that other singers actually recorded their hit song—many a singer has been accused of mouthing along to his or her own song, at least while performing. Radar rounds up a dozen more. A sampling:
- It was pretty obvious Shakira was going to lip sync at the 2010 FIFA concert when her song accidentally started playing early. Then, she seemed not to even try to match her mouth to the words when she took the stage.
- Mariah Carey has been accused of lip syncing numerous times during live TV appearances, including her performance on the American Idol finale in 2013.
- Joe Jonas and Pink accused Chris Brown of lip syncing at the Billboard Music Awards. "What happened to people singing live???" Jonas tweeted.
Click for the complete list
- At the 2007 BET Awards, 50 Cent actually appeared to rap without moving his mouth ... and with his microphone far away from his lips.
- Ashlee Simpson missed her cue to start lip syncing on Saturday Night Live in 2004, left the stage, and ended up blaming her band for the debacle by saying members played the wrong song.
- Oasis was apparently forced to lip sync while performing on Top of the Pops in 1995, so in protest, singer Liam played guitar ... while guitarist Noel lip synced to Liam's pre-recorded vocals.
, including one singer whose fans left a concert because of lip syncing—and another who was slammed by a fellow singer for lip syncing at an awards show.