The latest celebrity couple to get married in secret? Leighton Meester and Adam Brody (aka Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl and Seth Cohen from The OC). PopSugar rounds up quite a few more stars whose weddings surprised us. A sampling:
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard: They quietly got hitched at City Hall last year.
- Sandra Bullock and Jesse James: They invited friends to Bullock's "birthday barbecue," then got married instead.
- Julia Roberts and Danny Moder: They also surprised friends and family with a wedding, on Independence Day at Roberts' New Mexico ranch.
- Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego: They actually kept their marriage a secret for three months.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: They were expecting their first child when they privately got married in Turks and Caicos in 2005.
- Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll: Even Winslet's parents didn't know about her December 2012 wedding to Rocknroll—friend and Titanic co-star Leonardo DiCaprio walked her down the aisle.
- Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha: When they married in June 2013 in a private ceremony, no one even knew they were dating—and didn't learn until later that summer.
- Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds: They quietly married in the Canadian wilderness in 2008...
- Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively: ...and then after divorcing Johansson, Reynolds had another secret wedding, this time marrying Lively.
- Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher: They had already been together for eight years and had a child together when they wed secretly in 2010—and even their six guests didn't realize they were attending a wedding until just before.
- Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart: They also surprised their guests with a wedding after being together for eight years.
- Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos: They eloped to Vegas in 1996 after a year together, and are still married today.
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin: They eloped, too, but only got as far as a Southern California hotel.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon: They had been together only six weeks when they secretly wed in the Caribbean in 2008.
- Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter: No one even realized the Dexter co-stars were dating when they eloped in 2008.
Click for the complete list