Sometimes, getting a tattoo is a really bad idea—as these 22 celebrities rounded up by Radar prove. A sampling:
- Johnny Depp: In 1990, he got "Winona Forever" tattooed on his arm, but forever turned out to be closer to four years. When he and Winona Ryder split up, he had it altered to read, "Wino Forever." He's since said that sentiment is "a bit more accurate" anyway.
- Charlie Sheen: Nothing like meeting your soon-to-be-third wife to get you to remove your second wife's tattoo from your wrist: The "Denise" had to go (as did Denise Richards' "Charlie" tattoo) when Sheen met Brooke Mueller.
- Eva Longoria: She had mementos of husband Tony Parker in multiple locations—when they divorced, she had to have three tattoos removed.
- Britney Spears: For a while, she had a Kabbalah-related message in Hebrew letters on the back of her neck ... but apparently her flirtation with that religion ended, because they're gone.
- Megan Fox: Apparently a little research is in order before getting inked. Fox used to idolize Marilyn Monroe, and had a tattoo of her face on her arm. But after learning Monroe was "negative," "disturbed," and "bipolar," as Fox told a magazine, she had the ink removed.
Click for the complete list
- Marc Anthony: When he divorced Jennifer Lopez, he had a tattoo of her name changed to a tattoo of the Statue of Liberty—in honor of his next gal, whom he called "Lady Liberty." But now that he and model Shannon de Lima are no more, it's anyone's guess what will happen to the body art.
- 50 Cent: The rapper got most of his tattoos removed when he started acting, explaining that he was spending too much time in makeup having them covered up.
- Angelina Jolie: After having her tattoo of Billy Bob Thornton's name turned into a tattoo honoring her kids, she swore to never have a man's name tattooed on her again. But apparently that rule doesn't apply to a man's birthplace coordinates, because she got Brad Pitt's inked on her.
- Kathy Griffin: When she married Matt Moline, she had a wedding ring tattooed on her finger—and despite multiple laser treatments after their divorce, it won't come off.
- Kelly Osbourne: She was in a dark place a while back when she got a bunch of tattoos, and later regretted it and planned to have them removed—explaining that she didn't even know why she got some of them, like a tattoo of a keyboard when she can't play the piano.
- Russell Brand: He and Katy Perry got matching tattoos of the Sanskrit words for "Go with the flow." Brand did go with the flow after their divorce, getting the ink removed.
, including one star who had new skin grown and sewn on.