A rare art theft in Cuba and a pair of animal-cruelty cases are on the list:
- 'Complicated' Cuban Art Heist Uncovered: They're not quite working together, but American and Cuban authorities are both looking into the theft of at least 70 artworks from a Havana museum. In the first such heist reported since the 1959 Cuban Revolution, paintings worth around $1.5 million were apparently cut from their frames while in storage at the National Museum of Fine Arts. One turned up in the US.
- Woman Jailed for Microwaving Kitten: In an awful case out of the UK, a judge sentenced a 23-year-old woman to 14 weeks in jail because she put her kitten in the microwave as punishment for killing a goldfish. It didn't survive, and the judge issued a second pet-minded punishment as well.
- Students Busted Over Dog in Keg Stand Pic: A Twitter photo of a dog held upside-down over a beer keg has a pair of college students in Western New York facing animal-cruelty charges. The young Labrador retriever was apparently being forced to drink, officials say. The SUNY Brockport students labeled it "Keg stands n Bits."
- Another Cop Charged With Sex Assault After 911 Call: In the second such story in a week, a police officer responding to a 911 call has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman involved in a domestic disturbance. This time it was San Jose.
- 'Beautician' Charged in Butt Injection Death: A self-described beautician in New Jersey has been charged with manslaughter after administering a fatal silicone injection into the buttocks of a college student. How the victim's mother learned of the death only made things worse.
Click for more crazy crime stories