Anderson Cooper's mom isn't leaving him any of her Vanderbilt family fortune—but we're guessing he wouldn't exactly be destitute even if he hadn't made his own name for himself. Perez Hilton rounds up 18 more celebrities who were already rich before they were famous. A sampling:
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus' father is French-born billionaire Gérard Louis-Dreyfus—and her family is estimated to be worth $3 billion.
- Adam Levine's dad founded clothing chain M. Fredric, and the Maroon 5 frontman met two of his future bandmates while attending the pricey private Brentwood School.
- Carly Simon is Simon as in Simon & Schuster—her dad co-founded the publishing empire, and she grew up attending an exclusive school in New York.
- Chevy Chase is a 14th-generation New Yorker; his mom is the adopted child of stepfather Cornelius Vanderbilt Crane, heir to Crane Plumbing, and his dad was a successful book editor and magazine writer.
- Brooke Shields is descended from Italian nobility, and her dad was also a Revlon exec.
- Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal are also descended from nobility, Swedish in their case. Plus, their dad is a director and their mom is a screenwriter.
- Edward Norton's grandfather, James Rouse, founded shopping mall developer The Rouse Company.
Click for the complete list