It's one thing to dress like a celebrity or even get your hair cut like a celebrity—but in a few extreme cases, people have taken their obsession with a star much, much further than that. Here are seven examples of people who've had plastic surgery in an attempt to look like a star—or something even weirder:
- Toby Sheldon, 33, has spent almost $100,000 in an attempt to look like Justin Bieber. He underwent hair transplants, "smile surgery," eyelid surgery, and Botox, among other things, over a period of five years.
- A 30-year-old Texas woman named Kitty, who thought she already looked a little bit like Jennifer Lawrence, spent $25,000 in a quest to look even more like Jennifer Lawrence.
- Rumors have flown that "Octomom" Nadya Suleman got plastic surgery to look like Angelina Jolie. She has denied it, but then again, she's also written fawning letters to Angie and, uh, used "Angelina" as her stripper name.
- Sarah Burge says she's spent more than $800,000 on cosmetic surgery in order to turn herself into a "Human Barbie." There's also a "Human Ken Doll" who has had 149 cosmetic procedures, but he said he was given the nickname by the media and never actually intended to look like the doll.
- Carolyn Anderson has spent roughly $33,500 to look like Pamela Anderson, specifically Baywatch-era Pam, the Liverpool Echo reports. Creepily, she says her dad was "was the first person to tell me that I looked like her," when she was 14. And yes, she changed her last name to match the star's.
- Annette Edwards, a British great-grandmother now in her early 60s, spent nearly $17,000 on plastic surgery in 2009 so she could look like ... a cartoon character. Specifically, Jessica Rabbit, the Daily Mail reports. Even weirder: Edwards, an animal breeder, claimed at the time she owned the world's largest rabbit.
- Another UK woman wanted to look like an ancient celebrity: Egypt's Queen Nefertiti. Nileen Namita spent more than $336,000 on 51 operations over 20 years to do just that, the Daily Mail reports. Those operations include eight nose jobs, three chin implants, six mini-facelifts, and much, much more.
Click for eight more people
who have employed a plastic surgeon in order to look like a celeb—complete with comparison pictures