3 More Hollywood Bigwigs Named in Sex Abuse Suit
Michael Egan suing more than just Bryan Singer
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Apr 22, 2014 10:14 AM CDT
Plaintiff Michael Egan III, center, 31, his mother Bonnie Mound, left, and attorney Jeff Herman take questions during a news conference in Beverly Hills, Calif., Monday, April 21, 2014.   (Nick Ut)

(Newser) – The man who has accused X-Men director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him when he was a teen sued three more entertainment industry figures yesterday, claiming they also molested him. The allegations in the latest lawsuits filed by Michael Egan III are substantially similar to his legal action against Singer, which accuses the director of abusing him between the ages of 15 and 17 in Los Angeles and Hawaii. The new lawsuits were filed in federal court in Hawaii against former Fox television executive Garth Ancier, theater producer Gary Wayne Goddard, and David A. Neuman, a former television executive with Current TV and Disney.

Egan, 31, claims he was lured into a sex ring run by a former digital entertainment company executive, Marc Collins-Rector, with promises of auditions for acting, modeling, and commercial jobs. He says he was put on the company's payroll as an actor and forced to have sex with adult men at parties within Hollywood's entertainment industry. Egan appeared at a news conference yesterday alongside his mother, who tearfully described her efforts to report alleged abuses to the FBI in 1999 and 2000. Bonnie Mound said she wrote several letters, and questioned why those letters and information her son provided in interviews with an agent did not result in criminal charges. The FBI has said it could not discuss specifically what Egan told them, however, the agency denied last week that it had ignored any information about Singer.

View 1 more image

Copyright 2016 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. AP contributed to this report.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
3 More Hollywood Bigwigs Named in Sex Abuse Suit is...
5%
11%
18%
4%
40%
22%
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 89 comments
Jane
Apr 23, 2014 1:20 PM CDT
Wow, it's amazing the comments in this thread. It kind of seems like everyone assumes this one guy and his weird mother who emerge out of the blue 20 years after the fact seeking huge sums of money from disparate people should absolutely be taken at their word and aren't even considering the weirdness of the case. I have no love of hollywood, but this whole thing stinks. Why is everyone so ready to jump to conclusions? Not only that, but to come up with wild expansions on the case, saying that it probably goes "much deeper", talking about big sex rings and blah blah blah.. Crazy.
Jane
Apr 23, 2014 1:12 PM CDT
Let's see, random crazy guy and mother file suits against multiple hollywood bigwigs claiming ridiculous sex-ring abuse. You'd think that something like that would have had the lid blown off it several times. Yet just this one poor guy and his histrionic mother whose weird relationship together is only now being revealed.. Can you say "Pay Day"?
Jerman
Apr 23, 2014 7:41 AM CDT
Would the FBI ignore something that implicates liberal Hollywood big-wigs that contribute steadily to the Democrat Party? Why would I think that?