Peaches Geldof Overdosed on Heroin: Report
It's not clear how she got the drugs
By Evann Gastaldo, Newser Staff
Posted May 1, 2014 8:19 AM CDT
Peaches Geldof arrives to attend the ETAM's ready to wear fall/winter 2014-2015 fashion collection presented in Paris, Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014.   (AP Photo/C. d'Ettorre)

(Newser) – Toxicology tests show that Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose, according to the Times, which says the results will be announced at an inquest hearing today. Police found no evidence of drugs near the 25-year-old's body, and Geldof had repeatedly insisted her drug-taking days were behind her. (The not-necessarily-reliable Daily Mail notes that some wonder if drug paraphernalia had been removed prior to police arriving.) Geldof's mother, Paula Yates, also died of a heroin overdose when Geldof was a child, and one of the last photos Geldof posted to Instagram was of the two of them.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
Peaches Geldof Overdosed on Heroin: Report is...
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Showing 3 of 25 comments
May 2, 2014 10:27 AM CDT
I never thought of dying when I was in my 20's never thought it could happen...Rich pretty and bullet proof...its all a illusion. Sad RIP
Mark Dreher
May 2, 2014 2:04 AM CDT
What a pretty girl. To die from heroin? EVERYONE Dies Who tries heroin. This Is common knowledge. Isn't it? Should be.
May 1, 2014 4:34 PM CDT
It is sad,but another bite's the dust.