Oprah Winfrey—a bad neighbor? That's what one man who lives near her new property above Telluride, Colorado, seems to think. Retired physicist Charles D. Goodman is suing Winfrey, claiming the property blocks access to hiking trails that were previously open to locals. Goodman says Winfrey and the prior owners of the property made a secret deal with the town of Mountain Village to erase easements that have, for decades, allowed nearby residents to use the trails, before Oprah bought the property in March. A rep for Winfrey's company says the company plans to allow "reasonable" access. Winfrey joins these six other celebrities involved in somewhat odd lawsuits:
- Taylor Swift is being sued ... over a number. Lucky 13, a clothing line, doesn't want Swift using the phrase "Lucky 13" on her own official merchandise. It's a bummer for Swift, who has long held that 13 is her lucky number. "Basically, whenever a 13 comes up in my life, it’s a good thing," she once said. But not this time, apparently.
- Katherine Heigl is suing a drugstore for a whopping $6 million, and all over a tweet. The actress isn't happy that Duane Reade tweeted a picture of her carrying two shopping bags from the store along with the line, "Even @KatieHeigl can’t resist shopping #NYC's favorite drugstore."
- Britney Spears is being sued by a backup dancer who says that a "disheveled and confused" Spears, who was having trouble mastering the choreography for a music video, suddenly started twirling "in an unbalanced and reckless manner" and ended up smacking the dancer and breaking her nose.
- Nicki Minaj is being sued by her former wig stylist, who claims the rapper stole his wig designs and is now selling them as her own.
- Alanis Morissette is suing her housekeeper; the musician claims the woman stole her dog after becoming overly attached to it while Alanis and her husband were traveling.
- Last year, LeAnn Rimes sued her dentist, claiming he did such poor work that he caused "permanent cosmetic deficiency" and harmed her career.
Click for eight more weird lawsuits involving celebrities