Pat Sajak isn't apologizing for the controversial tweet in which he called climate change believers "unpatriotic racists," but he is backtracking—a little. "As most of you know, original Tweet was intended to parody the name-calling directed at climate skeptics. Hyperbole," the Wheel of Fortune host tweeted yesterday. He had earlier noted on Twitter, "Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing." But, as multiple outlets have pointed out, it's clear Sajak has few warm feelings for climate change activists. Some of his previous tweets on the topic:
- "Help...climate changing...must send money to lots of places...a lot of money...hurry...time is short...not kidding..."
- "My interest in Al Gore's pronouncements could fit into a gnat's navel & still leave room for a Liberal's sense of humor."
- "Traveled from Caribbean to East Coast today. Climate did change. That settles it; I'm a believer."
- "I miss the pre-climate change days when it didn't get too hot or cold, or too wet or dry, or too stormy or calm or..."
- "Very hot weather: 'We're all going to die!' Very cold weather: 'There's a difference between climate & weather, moron!'"
- "In East with more snow. Miss pre-climate change days growing up in Chicago. Always 65-70 with occasional gentle rain."