Looking for some summer reading? Consider these books listed by Christian Science Monitor, all of which are being made into films coming out next year:
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: A boy trying to uncover whether a monster killed his grandfather stumbles onto a home for children with powers. Tim Burton will direct the July 2015 release.
- Inferno by Dan Brown: Professor Langdon (Tom Hanks) of Da Vinci Code fame is back to his puzzle-solving ways. Ron Howard will direct the release due Dec. 18, 2015.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini: The Afghan-American author's follow-up to The Kite Runner tells the story of two women, one privileged and one not, whose lives intersect. The release date hasn't been announced.
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson: Bryson's memoir of his attempt to hike the Appalachian Trail stars Robert Redford as Bryson and Nick Nolte as his traveling companion. No release date has been announced.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith: It's about, well, exactly what it sounds like it's about. Lily Collins will play Elizabeth Bennet. No release date yet.
- American Sniper by Chris Kyle: Kyle, a sniper during the second Iraq War, tells his story. Bradley Cooper stars as Kyle and Clint Eastwood is directing. No release date yet.
- Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James: Needs no explanation. Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson star in the Feb. 13, 2015, release.
Click for the complete list
, which also includes two inevitable young adult sequels.