Duran Duran Sues Duran Duran Fan Club
Band claims club breached its contract and didn't cough up revenues
By Jenn Gidman, Newser Staff
Posted Jul 24, 2014 9:32 AM CDT
This May 23, 2013, file photo shows members of Duran Duran, from left: Roger Taylor, Nick Rhodes, Simon Le Bon, and John Taylor.   (Photo by Todd Williamson/Invision/AP, File)

(Newser) – The relationship between Duran Duran and one of its major fan clubs has officially come undone: The pop group that crooned such iconic ‘80s hits as “Rio” and “Hungry Like the Wolf” filed a lawsuit Monday against Chicago-based Worldwide Fan Clubs, which runs a Duran Duran fan club, claiming the organization breached its contract with Le Bon and Co. and owes the band $40,000 in damages, reports the Chicago Sun-Times.

According to the 2010 contract, Worldwide agreed to establish and manage the DD fan club, which included collecting fees from members, keeping records on said fans, and warehousing and selling Duran Duran merchandise. For its efforts, the fan club would keep 25% of the take, with the remaining 75% going to Duran Duran, but the suit claims the band didn't get the agreed-upon revenue. The Sun-Times says that a company rep wasn’t available for comment on Tuesday, while the AP reports "someone who answered the phone" at Worldwide’s headquarters yesterday said the company had no comment.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
Duran Duran Sues Duran Duran Fan Club is...
14%
10%
4%
7%
2%
63%
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 11 comments
politicalobsever
Jul 25, 2014 9:39 AM CDT
A contract is a contract. Since you have extra cash People_Suck, then forget about the money people owe you d sht!
baldpirate
Jul 25, 2014 9:17 AM CDT
Wow - we actually get to see the last long gasps and even longer, drawn out execution of yet another that should have died years ago ! ! !
People_Suck
Jul 24, 2014 8:40 PM CDT
They're bitching about 40k? Must be lean times in the Duran household.