Palestinian negotiators in Cairo today accepted an Egyptian proposal for a new, three-day ceasefire, and Israel approved the deal hours later in a decision that aims to clear the way for renewed negotiations on a long-term truce arrangement in the Gaza Strip. Egypt brokered a similar truce last week. But after the three-day window, militants resumed rocket fire on Israel and new fighting erupted. Israeli officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said they accepted Egypt's latest offer Sunday. But they said they were wary after last week's breakdown. Israel had walked away from negotiations over the weekend after rocket fire resumed, saying it would not negotiate under fire. An Israeli airstrike yesterday killed a senior Hamas official.