Alleged Victim Wants Suit Against X-Men Director Dismissed Michael Egan III says it's simply because he can't find new lawyers By Evann Gastaldo, Newser Staff Posted Aug 22, 2014 10:44 AM CDT 4 comments Comments This 2013 file photo shows Bryan Singer at the Los Angeles premiere of "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" at the Dolby Theatre. (Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP, File) (Newser) – The former child model who says director Bryan Singer raped him when he was underage is seeking to have his lawsuit against Singer dismissed. Michael Egan III's former attorneys asked to be removed from the case because their relationship with Egan went sour, and Egan says he hasn't been able to find new representation since then, Page Six reports. In a court filing, Egan said he wasn't making the move because his case lacks merit, and he wants to retain the ability to re-file later. Singer's lawyer had previously claimed Egan's lawyers were willing to settle for a low amount, "demonstrating a lack of confidence in their chances for success," Page Six notes. Yesterday, in response to Egan's request to dismiss the suit, Singer's lawyer said, "The bottom line is this: Egan recognized he’s going to lose this case." He wants the court to dismiss the case with prejudice, though, rather than without prejudice, which would mean Egan is responsible for paying costs and fees and can't re-file the suit.