US /

dog

House Fire Was Dog's Fault: Police
No one else was home; pet gets saved
By Matt Cantor, Newser User
Posted Aug 31, 2014 4:50 PM CDT
A fire in a New Jersey home has been blamed on the dog.   (Shutterstock)

(Newser) – Too bad they don't teach fire safety in obedience school. A fire in a New Jersey home this weekend appears to have started when a dog turned on the stove, police say, per the Asbury Park Press. But the canine may not be entirely to blame: It seems someone left a laptop on the stove in Lacey Township. That's what started burning when the dog made its mistake. After the fire was reported, police turned up to find smoke coming from the roof. Firefighters put out the flames and saved the dog, who was unhurt, the AP notes; no one else was home.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
House Fire Was Dog's Fault: Police is...
23%
12%
2%
4%
44%
15%
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 23 comments
Tabbico
Sep 1, 2014 7:48 AM CDT
OK, forget the dog, who leaves laptops on stove burners?
BoBoNoNo
Aug 31, 2014 9:16 PM CDT
Dog was smokin' in bed, huh?
jimmy4
Aug 31, 2014 9:06 PM CDT
dog aint at fault dog didnt know better