McCartney, Mills Can't Seal Deal
Despite earlier reports, couple fail to reach an agreement
By Sam Gale Rosen,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 18, 2008 5:35 PM CST
Paul McCartney leaves the High Court in London, Friday, Feb. 15, 2008. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills went to court Friday to reach a financial settlement in their acrimonious, high-stakes divorce....   (Associated Press)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – Paul McCartney and Heather Mills again failed to strike a divorce agreement today, and the judge hearing their case will announce a decision in a few weeks, opening up the possibility that the action will be heard in open court. If either side contests the judge's ruling, the case will move to the Court of Appeal, which Sir Paul wants to avoid but his ex says she is ready for.

Mills was smiling as she left court but revealed nothing to the media, the Times of London reports. Mills is representing herself and would cross-examine McCartney if the case , which weekend reports inaccurately said had been settled, proceeds that far. Reports suggest the ex-Beatle offered her $50 million, but she wanted at least twice that much.