Stressing out at work can negate the effects of that heart-healthy oatmeal you had for breakfast, Forbes reports. To avoid being that one of every three Americans with cardiovascular disease, adopt these work-day habits:
- Drink water instead of cola, coffee, or tea.
- Take the stairs; walk a few blocks at lunch.
- Stretch your upper back and neck after sitting for a while.
- Forget the value meal; keep lunch light.
- Substitute fruits and veggies for the snack machine.
- Relax. Get a hobby. Leave work behind for a part of each day.
- Remember: A few deep breaths are better than a few mini-donuts.
- Find a buddy to join in your heart-healthy quest.