Sandy Hook Evacuated Over Bomb Threat
Threat called in this morning; kids were sent home but no danger found
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Oct 1, 2014 11:39 AM CDT
This Oct. 28, 2013 photo shows Sandy Hook Elementary School, relocated to the Chaulk Hill School building in Monroe, Conn., after the original building in Newtown was razed.   (AP Photo/Jessica Hill)

(Newser) – A bomb threat has led to the evacuation of the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. Monroe Police Lt. Brian McCauley says the threat was called in to the school at 9:30am this morning and the evacuation was ordered as a precaution. He says the school building and grounds were checked and no evidence of danger was found. Nancy Bartosik of the Monroe superintendent's office says the school was dismissed early and students moved to a nearby school to be picked up by their parents.

A gunman killed 20 first-grade students and six educators at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown in December 2012. The students resumed classes in a school in the neighboring town of Monroe, also called Sandy Hook Elementary School. The original school building was torn down last year.
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
10%
2%
43%
3%
17%
25%