Family: Teen Follows Sisters to Fight, Is Shot Dead Chicago 13-year-old's death may have started with Facebook dispute about gang By Jenn Gidman, Newser Staff Posted Feb 9, 2015 1:52 PM CST 99 comments Comments Anthony Diaz, 13, was shot multiple times last night on the northwest side of Chicago. (Julius) (Newser) – A 13-year-old Chicago boy was shot dead after sneaking out of his Belmont Cragin home late last night with his older sisters, who reportedly were going to confront someone with whom they'd fought on Facebook, ABC7 reports. "She was dissing our gang," Jennifer Sosa, one of the sisters of slain teen Anthony Diaz, tells the station. "They jumped all of us and they ended up shooting my brother." Anthony was said by his family and police to have been taking video of the street fight on his cellphone when the shooting occurred, the Chicago Tribune reports. Cops found the phone near Anthony's body and are reviewing the videos. Anthony was shot in the left side and the bullet exited through his chest; he was pronounced dead at Mount Sinai Hospital, according to local authorities, per NBC Chicago. Anthony's preacher stepfather, Ralph Otero, tells NBC that the three teens left their home around 10:30pm. A short time later, he says the 17-year-old sister called him and his wife to tell them Anthony had been shot just a block away. Otero's response was one of disbelief. "He's a good student, he's not a gangbanger," he tells the station. "We just moved … from a bad area because it's supposed to be better, and this is what we got." Laura de Domenico, Anthony's mom, acknowledges that the younger of the two sisters (reported to be either 15 or 16) is in a gang and has been in trouble with the law before. "She always had this problem with fighting," she tells CBS Chicago. "I always tell her not to take [Anthony], because he's not streetwise at all." She adds the first thing her daughter said about Anthony's death: "I'm going to get revenge." Police reportedly have no one in custody.