Molly Alice Parks died last week at 24, and when you read her obituary, you won't have to wonder about the tragedy that took her life at such a young age. The New Hampshire resident "passed away in Manchester on April 16, 2015, as the result of a heroin overdose," her family writes in her obituary. Though the tribute recalls the good things in her life (she loved Harry Potter and was known for "her trademark red lipstick"), it doesn't pull any punches when it comes to the bad: She attended just one year of community college before "her addiction took over," the obituary reads. "She made a lot of bad decisions including experimenting with drugs. She fought her addiction to heroin for at least five years and had experienced a near fatal overdose before."
The obit pleads, "If you have any loved ones who are fighting addiction, Molly's family asks that you do everything possible to be supportive, and guide them to rehabilitation before it is too late." Her father tells WMUR that as soon as he saw police at his door last Thursday night, he knew what had happened—even though his daughter had just visited the weekend before and seemed to be doing OK. She'd gone to rehab three times in the past year, he tells the Washington Post, and after that last attempt had gotten a pizza-delivery job that had her working 55 hours a week to pay off her car. Her body was found in the restaurant's bathroom. "I see a lot of obituaries from families that are losing [young people], and they’re all saying they died suddenly," her dad says. "But that’s not the truth. If we could save one life ... that would mean that Molly didn't die in vain." (This 27-year-old's obituary was just as candid.)