In the market for a new place to live? Five celebrities are in the news for trying to offload (or, in one case, offloading) pricey palaces:
- Paula Deen is selling one of her Savannah, Ga., properties for a cool $12.5 million. The 14,500-square-foot "private resort" includes a barn, two guest cottages, 5.5 acres of land, and a pool and "dive-in" theater, plus a lot of things you didn't know you needed, like a croquet court and "an ice room with a professional ice machine." Photos here.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are selling the French Quarter mansion they bought after Hurricane Katrina for $6.5 million, but a rep tells TMZ they "remain committed to and infatuated as ever with the city of New Orleans and will continue to focus on growth in the lower 9th through the Make It Right Foundation." Photos here.
- Or you could live in New Jersey, where Diddy is selling an $8.5 million seven-bedroom mansion complete with basketball court. (And it's a deal, because he bought it for $10 million in 2004.) Photos here.
- LeBron James' Miami mansion went up for sale for $17 million last year, but Page Six reported in March that it might be in the wrong neighborhood to have that high of a price tag. (It's now apparently just $15 million.) Photos here.
- Sean Penn succeeded in getting rid of his Malibu "bachelor pad" recently, after he moved in with Charlize Theron—but the $6.5 million home doesn't look like any "bachelor pad" we've ever visited. There's a fancy pool and a grand piano, of course. Photos here.
Click for more photos of fancy homes celebs have sold