Charlize, Sean Split: Reports
Theron, Penn reportedly call off their engagement
By Jenn Gidman,  Newser Staff
Posted Jun 18, 2015 8:00 AM CDT
Actors Sean Penn, left, and Charlize Theron pose for photographers as they arrive for the screening of the film "Mad Max: Fury Road" at the Cannes Film Festival, Cannes, southern France, May 14, 2015.   (Photo by Joel Ryan/Invision/AP)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – Two Oscar winners do not a happy couple make. At least that appears to be the case for Charlize Theron and Sean Penn, who've reportedly ended their engagement after a year and a half together, multiple sources tell Us Weekly. Theron, 39, who recently told Elle magazine's UK edition that Penn, 54, was "the love of my life," is said to have initiated the split, an "insider" tells Us. There's been no official comment from reps for either star, notes People.

The couple were seen walking the red carpet together last month at the Cannes Film Festival, the magazine notes, but there haven't been any public sightings in the past few weeks—Penn was seen Tuesday buying magazines and cigarettes from a newsstand in the Brentwood neighborhood of LA, but he was solo. Sources also tell People the two have been living in separate houses, and Penn is said to have yanked his Malibu home off the market after recently putting it up for sale. (Penn filed papers to adopt Theron's son earlier this year.)
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
42%
3%
27%
20%
3%
3%