Mom of Missing Baby Told Court of Dad's Threats
Infant still missing after suicidal father jumps off Conn. bridge
By John Johnson,  Newser Staff
Posted Jul 7, 2015 12:07 PM CDT
Authorities search the Connecticut River for a missing child in Middletown, Conn.   (Catherine Avalone/The New Haven Register via AP)

(Newser) – Authorities resumed searching the Connecticut River today for a 7-month-old baby who they think went off a bridge with his suicidal father. The father—22-year-old Tony Moreno—survived the 120-foot plunge and was pulled from the water by firefighters Sunday night, reports NBC Connecticut. But there's still no sign of his son, Aaden. Meanwhile, the Hartford Courant reports that the boy's mother had sought a restraining order last month because she feared for her child's safety and her own. "He has told me he could make my son disappear any time of the day," wrote Adrianne Oyola about Moreno in court documents.

"He told me how he could make me disappear, told me how he could kill me," she added, along with, "I feel that he is a danger to my child and me and would like to leave with my child and get full custody." A judge denied the restraining order after a hearing on June 29. Family members called police late Sunday because Moreno was threatening to kill himself and had the baby with him. He then jumped off the Arrigoni Bridge in Middletown. He remains hospitalized and is expected to face charges.
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
4%
3%
82%
0%
11%
0%