4th Suspect Charged in Paris Attacks
But Salah Abdeslam remains on the run
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Nov 23, 2015 1:48 PM CST
A French soldier and a French police officer monitor the border between France and Belgium in Neuville-en-Ferrain, northern France.   (AP Photo/Michel Spingler)

(Newser) – An alleged perpetrator of the Paris terror attacks remains at large, but authorities in Belgium may have nabbed one of his helpers. Prosecutors on Monday charged one of the people arrested in raids on Sunday with "participating in activities of a terrorist group and with [a] terrorist attack," reports the BBC. Details are skimpy, but he allegedly helped Salah Abdeslam and others carry out the attacks. Three others have previously been charged with the same. Brussels remains in a virtual lockdown as authorities hunt for Abdeslam amid intelligence suggesting an imminent attack.

In France, meanwhile, police said an explosive belt had been found in the southern Paris suburb of Montrouge. A police official said the belt was found without a detonator by a street cleaner in a pile of rubble Monday and was being analyzed by police. Earlier in the day, British Prime Minister David Cameron said in Paris that he will ask for parliamentary approval for the UK to join airstrikes against Islamic State extremists in Syria. If approved, Britain would join other nations carrying out bombings in Syria, including the US, France, and Russia. (Belgians in lockdown have responded awesomely with cat photos.)