When News on 6 reporters got to the scene of a fire at an Oklahoma apartment complex on Sunday, they figured they'd find residents "miserable and upset." But while firefighters doused the blaze at Tulsa's Casa Linda complex, they couldn't put out the positive vibe of the complex's residents. Most notable was Michelle Dobyne, whose appearance on camera has gone viral and "had our entire newsroom laughing," the station notes. An animated Dobyne explains how her friend came and said, "'Aw, man, the building is on fire.' I said 'No, what?' I got my three kids and we bounced out. Uh-uh, we ain't goin' be in no fire. Not today."
The property manager told News on 6 that such good humor is pretty typical of the residents in his complex, noting, "They're already all taking care of each other." The Tulsa fire department says the fire was caused by an electrical problem in a storage shed, per Mashable. Residents will be shacking up at a local church for a few days while they wait for their power and heat to come back on. "I can't cook, I can't eat, I can't get warm," another Casa Linda dweller tells News on 6. "But I still got breath." (Another TV news interviewee became a sensation after a remix.)