Food & Wine has posted its Best New Chef awards for 2008. Look for their profiles in the July issue, but take a peek at the winners here:
- Jim Burke: owner of James, a modern Italian restaurant in Philadelphia's Bella Vista neighborhood.
- Gerard Craft: owner and chef at Niche in St. Louis, where bacon and eggs sandwich and braised pork belly top the menu.
- Tim Cushman: The Boston native cooks at O Ya, a New England eatery with Japanese flavors in Boston.
- Jeremy Fox: A meat-eater, Fox heads Ubuntu, a vegetarian restaurant in Napa.
- Koren Grieveson: This ex-US soldier cooks up European wine country fare at Chicago's wine bar, Avec.
To read more about Food & Wine
's top chefs, click on the link below.