Suspected Serial Killer Faces 7 New Charges
Cops say Kohlhepp held woman captive for a week after killing husband
By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff
Posted Nov 29, 2016 12:06 AM CST
Shrink
Frances Bradley, whose home adjoins the Todd Kohlhepp property, prays at the fence between the properties earlier this month.   (AP Photo/Richard Shiro)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – Suspected serial killer Todd Kohlhepp was hit with seven new criminal charges Monday—including the murders of three people who were found buried on his property in South Carolina. NBC News reports that the 45-year-old was charged with the murder of Charlie Carver, whose girlfriend was rescued from a container on Kohlhepp's property earlier this month. The charge sheet shows just how lucky she is to be alive: Kohlhepp is also charged with murdering 29-year-old Johnny Coxie in December last year, then murdering his wife, 25-year-old Meagan Coxie, on Christmas or Dec. 26 after holding her captive for a week.

Kohlhepp was also charged with three counts of possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime and one count of kidnapping, reports the Greenville News. A police spokesman says Kohlhepp hasn't been charged with kidnapping in the Coxie murders because at this stage in the investigation, it appears that the couple went to his property voluntarily. Kohlhepp—who waived a bond hearing Monday night, per the AP—is now charged with seven murders, including the killings of four people at a motorcycle shop in 2003. (Kohlhepp's mother says he carried out the quadruple murder because he was "bullied and embarrassed" in the store.)
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
5%
6%
22%
5%
57%
4%