5-Year-Old Dies After Puppy Chokes Him With His Scarf
John Bruno loved 'Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, superheroes, and being silly'
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Mar 21, 2017 3:29 PM CDT
John Bruno, 5, died over the weekend after his puppy choked him with his scarf.   (GoFundMe)

(Newser) – A 5-year-old Pennsylvania boy has died days after he was choked when the family dog pulled on his scarf as they played in the snow, the AP reports. The Philadelphia coroner's office says John Bruno died Saturday at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, where he had been under heavy sedation since Wednesday's accident.

Police say John's mother looked out a window of her Warrington home to see her son face-down and unconscious in the snow while the dog tugged at the scarf. Police initially thought the child had collapsed from cardiac arrest while playing with the 18-month-old hound. Police say first responders performed CPR on the boy. A GoFundMe page set up to help the family pay medical costs says John's smile was electric and he loved "Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, superheroes, and being silly."

My Take on This Story
6%
1%
79%
0%
9%
4%