Pharmacist Credited With Saving Customer's Life
Mark Davey was having an allergic reaction when he rushed into a CVS
By Michael Harthorne,  Newser Staff
Posted Apr 22, 2017 1:45 PM CDT
   (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)

(Newser) – “I was scared," Mark Davey tells CBS Chicago. "I thought, 'This is how I go.'" The 57-year-old was eating lunch last month when his tongue started swelling up. Davey had never had an allergic reaction to food before, but he knew it was about to get worse, so he drove to a CVS pharmacy to buy Benadryl. Instead, pharmacist Bhavini Patel called paramedics and gave Davey an epinephrine shot. A responding paramedic says Patel probably saved Davey's life. The pharmacist says she's just glad she could help. Davey now carries an EpiPen with him.

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
3%
3%
1%
80%
11%
2%