Scaramucci Blasts 'Leak' of Publicly Available Document
He tagged Priebus in angry tweet
By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff
Posted Jul 27, 2017 3:01 AM CDT
Updated Jul 27, 2017 5:22 AM CDT
Shrink
White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci speaks to members of the media outside the White House in Washington, Tuesday, July 25, 2017.   (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – New White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci was not happy about what he believed was a leak of information from his financial disclosure Wednesday—though it later emerged that the form was available to the public. "In light of the leak of my financial disclosure info which is a felony. I will be contacting @FBI and @TheJusticeDept #swamp @Reince45," Scaramucci said in a now-deleted tweet, per the Daily Beast. Scaramucci later denied suggestions that his tagging of Reince Priebus was a declaration of war on the White House chief of staff. "Wrong! Tweet was public notice to leakers that all Sr Adm officials are helping to end illegal leaks," Scaramucci said in a second tweet.

The disclosure information believed to have enraged Scaramucci appeared in a Politico report late Wednesday. According to the report, Scaramucci earned $4.9 million from his ownership stake in the SkyBridge Capital plus more than $5 million in salary from Jan. 1, 2016, to the end of June this year, when he began a short-lived stint at the federal Export-Import Bank. The New York Times notes that Scaramucci filed the disclosure form June 23 and under federal law, it would have been available to the public 30 days later. "They aren't in process yet," Scaramucci wrote to the Times after being asked why he thought the report had been leaked. He didn't respond after being told it would have been available July 23.

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
48%
5%
4%
4%
3%
35%