Suspect in Ohio Quadruple Murder Arrested
'Worn out' suspect didn't resist, police say
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Oct 14, 2017 8:31 AM CDT
Suspect Arron Lawson, center, is escorted into the Lawrence County Courthouse, Friday Oct. 13, 2017 by Sheriff Jeff Lawless, left, and detectives Jason Newman and Aaron Bollinger, pictured on far right,...   (Jessica St. James/Ironton Tribune via AP)
camera-icon View 3 more images

(Newser) – A sheriff says the suspect in the deadly shootings of a 7-year-old boy and three adults was unarmed and ready to give up when officers arrested him as he walked down a road in far southern Ohio. Twenty-three-year-old Arron Lawson had been the subject of a manhunt in Lawrence County since authorities said he fled into the woods Thursday, shortly after midnight. Lawrence County Sheriff Jeffery Lawless says Lawson is an outdoorsman and hunter but seemed "worn out from being out in the elements" and didn't flee when confronted Friday, the AP reports. The sheriff wouldn't disclose what Lawson said to the arresting officers or discuss any potential motive.

After the manhunt ended Friday, the sheriff identified the three adults slain at the trailer home Wednesday as a 28-year-old resident of the home, Stacey Jackson, and two relatives who lived at a property on the same road. They are 50-year-old Donald McGuire and 43-year-old Tammie McGuire. After the bodies were found, police issued a missing-child alert and spent hours searching for 7-year-old Devin Holston, only to find the child dead inside the same house trailer, his body apparently hidden. The boy's father came upon the scene after work, was stabbed, and fled the home to seek help, police say. He is recovering in a hospital in West Virginia.


My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
1%
3%
47%
14%
25%
9%