Trump's Female Accusers: Time Is Right to Try Again
Women come forward again to accuse him of sexual misconduct
By John Johnson,  Newser Staff
Posted Dec 11, 2017 12:49 PM CST
Rachel Crooks, left, Jessica Leeds, center, and Samantha Holvey attend a news conference, Monday, Dec. 11, 2017, in New York to discuss their accusations of sexual misconduct against Donald Trump. The...   (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – As promised, three of about a dozen women who have previously accused President Trump of sexual misconduct went on Megyn Kelly Today to restate their cases Monday. The reason? As one of them, Samantha Holvey explains, the women were "hurt" when they came forward to accuse candidate Trump, only to be met with indifference. Now that he's president, and now that the #MeToo movement is on fire, Holvey says it's time to reassess. "And so now it's just like all right, let’s try round two," she says, per the Hill. "The environment’s different, let's try again." Details and developments:

  • Denial: Trump has previously denied the allegations, and he has not yet responded to the renewed charges. But Kelly read a White House statement reiterating Trump's earlier denials. "These false claims, totally disputed in most cases by eyewitness accounts, were addressed at length during last year's campaign, and the American people voiced their judgment by delivering a decisive victory," says the statement, per Politico. "The timing and absurdity of these claims speaks volumes. And the publicity tour that has begun only further confirms the political motives behind them."

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
4%
7%
7%
29%
1%
51%