"Ask @scottbaio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor. Creep," Nicole Eggert tweeted Saturday, setting off a storm of claims and counterclaims between her and her former Charles in Charge co-star. In later tweets, Eggert, 46, said the inappropriate behavior had started when she was 14 and Baio was in his mid-20s, People reports. She said it continued until she was 17. Baio, 57, called the accusations "100% lies" and said the only time he had sex with Eggert was when she was 18 and she "seduced" him. "She came into my house and started kissing me," he said in a Facebook Live video, adding that any "normal, heterosexual, red-blooded American guy" would have reacted in the same way.
"What I'm being accused of is horrible. I'm being accused of inappropriately touching her when she was a minor, and having sex with her when she was a minor," Baio said in the video. He claimed he had been good friends with Eggert until 2012, when she first accused him of having sex with her when she was a minor, E! Online reports. The actor also shared a letter he said he had sent to the Dr. Oz Show. He said the letter caused the show to cancel an Eggert appearance earlier this month when she was planning to discuss the "completely false" allegations. Baio's wife, Renee Baio, tweeted at Eggert that her husband's legal team had already served her with more than two cease-and-desist letters.